AND...its a wrap ! Last submission to the Make Art That Sells Professional Children's Book Illustration course with Lilla Rogers and Zoe Tucker.
A few things I have learned about myself and the industry:
- I've come a long way in a few years and need to celebrate that.
- I can push myself to keep it simple and take some risks.
- Simplifying my palette has powerful results - do it more.
- You don't need a polished and finished manuscript to submit an idea to a publisher.
- I do have a hand lettering style!
- Character and emotion is all about subtlety ...the cover art and action inside is all about being bold and dramatic.
- I am super excited to work on my marketing package that sells my "USP": my Unique Selling Point !